Département des Bouches de l’Elbe [Department of the Mouth of the Elbe River]

Founded:
January 01, 1811
Dissolved:
May 30, 1814

Department No 128 of the first French Empire. It was formed in 1811, when the region, originally belonging partially to Bremen-Verden, to Hamburg, Lübeck and Saxe-Lauenburg, was annexed by France and was dissolved following the victory of the Allies on 30 May 1814.