This February 1921 call for donations for the
establishment of a memorial cemetery for Jews who had died in the First World War
, which was
to be located at the Jewish
), met with
broad support from community institutions and the three religious associations.
Among the signatories were individual members of the board, the Representative
, the Funeral Commission, the
German-Jewish War Veterans’ Association
, the First
Officers of the student fraternities K. C.
Saxonia and V. J. St. Kadima, as
well as Chief Rabbi
and members of the Synagogue
council of delegates, board members of
the Temple Association
and the Synagogue at Neues
. The appeal was also supported by Emilie Bing, Sonja
Franck, and Minna Magnus – all
three of them religious liberals.
German-Jewish War Veterans’ Association [Vaterländischer Bund jüdischer Frontsoldaten]. From the Advertising Committee: Call for a Jewish Memorial Cemetery, Hamburg 1921 (translated by Insa Kummer), edited in: Key Documents of German-Jewish History,
<https://dx.doi.org/10.23691/jgo:source-36.en.v1> [August 24, 2019].